About Us

My photo
Scott and I have been married for 8 1/2 years now. We have two beautiful children, Isabelle Rose and Jace Andrew. We live in Centerville, Utah in a townhouse that we LOVE! Scott recently switched jobs (again) and went to work for Scott Hale Plumbing, Heating and Air. This switch has been a tremendous blessing for our family and Scott is really liking the service end of the Heating/Air business. Butterfly Wings and Tiny Things has kind of been fazed out. We had a successful run, did a lot of boutiques, made quite a bit of money, and got burned out:) So, for now we are doing special order magnet boards only. It keeps up busy enough. Scott and I love waterskiing, watching movies, going on drives, and really just being together. We hope you enjoy our blog!

Monday, October 19, 2009

Miss Rose



Those of you that know our family, are pretty well aquainted with our three year old daughter, Isabelle Rose Wetsel. She is 3 going on 16 and has a lot to say about just about everything. She started preschool this year with all the other 3 year olds at Centerville Acadamey. However, after only 2 days of school, her teacher Ms. Marsha phoned Scott and I to tell us that she was definately in the wrong class. Though she was the same age as the other kids, her vocabulary and actions were far above them...no kidding? And so, she was moved up to the four year old class with her cousin Gabe. She loves school and we are constantly amazed at what she's learning and all the things she can do.

I wanted to write down a few of our favorite "Isabelle-isms" for you to read so that you too can get a taste of what our 'tiny bug' is all about.

*One day while drawing pictures of the temple with her daddy, Iz pointed to the top of her temple and said, "Look Dad! It's the angel Ramona!"

*The other day she came out of her Grandma Wetsel's house singing "I'm A Single Baby" to the tune of Beyonce's "All The Single Ladies."

*When Scott was preparing to give his first lesson in Gospel Doctrine, he was very nervous. Iz, always picking up on the emotions of those around her says, "Dad, would you like me to say a special prayer for you?" This was followed up by one of the sweetest, most simple, heartfelt prayers I have ever heard. Truly brings new meaning to 'become as a little child.'

*When Iz was 'snuffing' the other day (a thing she does when she's fake crying) i turned to her and said, "Izzy, what's the matter? Are you sad?" She responded in kind by saying, "Oh Mom...I'm just so happy! That's why I'm crying." "Why honey? Why are you so happy?" I said. "Because my mommy gets to stay home with me all the days now and not have to go to work anymore." This was a day of 'mommy paybacks' for me.

*When singing 'I Love To See The Temple' Izzy sings the words, "I'll prepare myself while I am YUM" (instead of young). We don't have the heart to correct her.

*After getting in the car after preschool one day, Iz says to me, "Mom. I'm stressed out!"

*And finally...the other night, Scott and I are laying in bed when Iz enters our room and climbs up on the bottom of the bed. Holding up two fingers she says to us, "Ok Mom and Dad. You have 2 choices. I can either climb up in your bed and sleep with you, or, one of you can come down to my bed and sleep with me. What's your choice?"

There are sooo many more things she says and does everyday that crack us up. I've started to write down everything so I won't forget. Suffice it to say that she is the light of our life. We love her so much. She is the BEST big sister and loves her baby brother with all her heart. We can't wait to see what the future holds in store for our princess. Love you bug!

1 comment: