About Us

My photo
Scott and I have been married for 8 1/2 years now. We have two beautiful children, Isabelle Rose and Jace Andrew. We live in Centerville, Utah in a townhouse that we LOVE! Scott recently switched jobs (again) and went to work for Scott Hale Plumbing, Heating and Air. This switch has been a tremendous blessing for our family and Scott is really liking the service end of the Heating/Air business. Butterfly Wings and Tiny Things has kind of been fazed out. We had a successful run, did a lot of boutiques, made quite a bit of money, and got burned out:) So, for now we are doing special order magnet boards only. It keeps up busy enough. Scott and I love waterskiing, watching movies, going on drives, and really just being together. We hope you enjoy our blog!

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A Camping We Will Go?




I. Am. Not. A. Camper. I make no excuses nor do i try and hide this fact. I grew up in a home where camping was the equivalent of staying overnight at the Motel 8. I mean we NEVER went camping. Well, there was that one time when we took the boat out to Starvation Reservoir and Dad put up the tent for us to sleep in. I lasted about 2.5 seconds until the claustrophobia took over and i ended up in the back of the van with my mom. Seriously, the tent was closing in on me, blocking off all the air to my body. Camping. I just don't like it! I hate the bugs that inevitably end up on the inside of the tent. I hate the dirt that gets tracked all over the bedding. I hate sleeping bags...can't move in those dang things! I hate waking up in the morning and feeling like i can't move because I'm frozen in place. I hate having no where to pee or wash my face...and no, that stream just across the way WILL NOT cut it. I hate the thick coat of dust and grime that gets all over me, and having no way to get it all off.

Because i hate camping so much, it would be just my luck that I'd marry an avid camper. Scott LOVES camping for all the reasons i hate it. He is Mr. Outdoors to a 'T'. Lucky for me, and not so lucky for him, he has never pressured me into camping. Poor guy has enough gear to last him months in the outdoors and he can't even get his wife to enjoy the blasted activity. Oh well, such is life. You win some, and you loose some. He definitely lost on this one.

All this being said, you're probably wondering what in the world it took for me to agree to go on this overnight camping trip with Scott, Izzy, and Gabe. And I'll tell you. Nothing! It took nothing. I agreed to give it one last try, just to appease my husband and to make a fun memory with the kids. (Not to worry though, i already had my mind made up that i was going to hate every minute of it.) And really, how bad could one little overnighter hurt?

Scott went to the campsite early to set up the tent. I picked up the food for dinner and packed up our necessary items for the night. I think i overdid this from the look on Scott's face when he pulled up to see three duffel bags, a toilet, movies/dvd player, and enough treats to feed an army, waiting to be loaded into the trunk of our car. What? I say you can never be too prepared. Now, i have to say that i took my bad attitude with me all the way up to the campground. But, when we got there, i sort of caught the spirit of the thing. My wonderful husband had blown up our air mattress and covered it with a fitted sheet, flat sheet, down comforter, and other blankets. He'd fixed us up so we'd have power so that i could 'pump' at night. He'd even hung a light so that i could read in bed. He had the kids bed all ready to go too...complete with dvd player ready for them to watch. I have to admit, i was impressed. We ate dinner, went on a bike ride, took a walk, watched a movie, read stories, and ate candy until we were about to pop. And it was...fun.

That night as I lay looking up at the stars (because this tent has a mesh top...thus allowing PLENTY of airflow for my claustrophobia) i turned to Scott and said, "Not that I'm willing to do this all the time, but really, this isn't too bad." And really, it wasn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment